Friday, March 18, 2011

The Power of God

I’ve been sitting at my computer tonight... thinking. I’ve been listening to worship music (loudly). And really just thinking about God.

To be honest, I’m overwhelmed.

“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty who was and is and is to come.”

“You won’t relent until you have it all.”

“There’s nothing we want more.”

“The slightest hint of you brought me down to my knees.”

“Come be the fire inside of me, until You and I are one.”

“If his grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking.”


When I think of God, sometimes I think I’m really missing it.

Do I really believe that God is that powerful?

Do I live my life like I’m a child of the Creator of the World?

I’m an heir to the throne of God!

Sometimes I feel like the writer of another song I heard tonight, that I’ve made God too small.

I wonder what my life looks like. Do I really trust God?

I don’t want to be the kind of Christian, the kind of pastor, who lives a fake-Christian life. Acting as if there are things God can’t do.

I want to live my life in full obedience of Him, and I want to claim his power for my own.

God, help me to live like I really do trust you. Like I believe that you can fulfill me in a way nobody else can. God, give me the grace to believe your word when it says that you can do anything.

0 comments: