Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Jesus Freak

To the best of my knowledge, the label of Jesus Freak was really popular before my time. A certain Christian band (I am in mourning for what I perceive to be the eternal loss of hope for a reunion and will therefore not utter the name of this band) popularized this phrase for a new generation of people.

I honestly don’t know what it used to mean, but I can promise that I’ve used it as a badge of honor throughout most of my life as a Christ-Follower.

I am a Jesus Freak.
There are times, though, where I struggle. There are times where I hide the fact that I’m a Jesus Freak. I don’t wear T-Shirts with Jesus’ face on it, and I don’t wear a WWJD bracelet, and I don’t have the outline of a fish on my car. So, to let people know that I’m serious about Jesus, I really need to broadcast it with my life.

The saddest thing is that there are times when I know it won’t be the coolest thing to do for people to know where I stand with Jesus. So, I hide him. I use my life as a broadcast tool, and there are times when I am simply broadcasting the wrong message.

Do you ever feel like you’re not broadcasting the right message with your life? Do you even think about the message you’re broadcasting with your life?

My challenge this week is to be aware that you are broadcasting something with your life. That’s the truth all the time. You are always broadcasting something. What are you broadcasting? Are you concerned about popular opinion?

I don’t really care if they label me a Jesus Freak, there ain’t no disguising the truth!

0 comments: